Sunday, December 24, 2017

Dec Express

I shipped a lot of orders last month and several are nice enough to have a blurb but don't really have enough details to have a story.

Sunday, December 17, 2017

D&D Binder

I never received any specs from the client so I can only hope the binder is close to what they had in mind.  It gave me an opportunity to finally use some of the brown lining material I've been wanting to try out and I'm pretty happy with the result.  It's got a good, supple feel to it and I expect I'll be using a bunch of it going forward.

Sunday, December 10, 2017

Coins, 5e

The client wanted a set of coins based on the artwork in the 5e PHB.  When I was prototyping my original currency I'd started with the 5e coins but soon found that I could get anything like the art on the coins to come out of the 3D printer (at least on a practical scale).  I'd still based some of my original coin models on the classic currency so I had a good place to start.  Fortunately the client was mostly interested in the shape and color of the coins, not their artwork.  In the process I've found this style of coins was much faster to produce and a bit more economical too.  I'm hoping to make some small tweaks here and there and start offering them as a permanent listing next year.

Map, Amequela

Not so long ago I'd made a map for a client's homebrew campaign that turned out awesomely.  Turns out that client had a friend with a relation who'd also been running their own homebrew campaign for a few decades.  The scale was a bit of a challenge (the original map is handdrawn over 4 sheets of paper) but I really like how this one came out.  It's an interesting challenge adapting someone's homebrew map into leather and it's one I get to keep enjoying over and over again.

Dice Bag, Bison

Dice Bags were some of my original patterns but I don't get to make them too often.  This one was a nice return to an old favorite in the middle of a lot of complicated projects.

This happened to be the first project finished after I installed a backdrop over my photobooth.  The booth itself is great in a lot of ways but the staining came out more orange than I'd expected and that's always bugged me.  I'm not a huge fan of how the background affects the color in the photos.  This new backdrop will take some experimenting but I'm hoping it'll solve that particular problem.

Wednesday, December 6, 2017

Matching Custom Bracelets

I don't do jewelry/accessories too often but it was a fun challenge to design a pair of bracelets to meet the client's specs and budget.  In hindsight I think it might've been ok to use a thicker leather but I'm pretty content with how these came out.

Thursday, November 30, 2017

Cosplay, Assassin Creed Vambrace

The client has an Assassin Creed character from the WWII era they'd come up with and were assembling the essential parts of the outfit.  They'd already arranged the trademark blade but needed a bracer to attach it to.  I was able to measure a few pictures of the blade they'd ordered to space the holes so they should line up pretty well.  Included a few rivets too so everything'll match nicely.

Meanwhile, Dec starts tomorrow and I'm set to continue my little tradition of tossing in little ornaments with orders shipped that month.  This year I've printed a bunch of 2" silver snowflakes.  I'm enjoying the design but at this rate I'm going to need to print a lot more...

Wednesday, November 29, 2017

Holster, Motorcycle Range Card

I'm a bit proud to be the apparent Range Card Holster manufacturer for motorcycle instructors across the US.  This one was being purchased as a gift and added a couple of pencil sleeves to the basic design.

Tuesday, November 28, 2017

Map, Norway

This client wanted to mark the anniversary of a special cruise they'd taken up the Norwegian coast.  Each stop of the cruise is marked with a gold dot and the path itself has some dual-beveling I don't get to use a lot.  I had an interesting time trying to get my computer to process the super complex geometry of Norway/Sweden's coast line but all those fjords and islands carved up really well!

Sunday, November 26, 2017

Dice Cup Trilogy

These were three separate orders that came together at least partially along with the giant bulk order.  They're the first D&D-y Dice Cups to take advantage of the new adjustments and I'm enjoying the results.

Thursday, November 23, 2017

Bulk Order of Dice Cups

Unfortunately I never found out quite why the client needed 26 Dice Cups in short order.  Each one had the same horseshoe logo on top and a different initial on the front so I was able to assembly line their production.  I started using a heavier leather for the bodies and made some improvements to the marking and assembly that've really improved the overall build and quality.

Monday, November 6, 2017

Testimonial: Shoulder Pad

"Thanks #fosterleathercraft on Etsy for this shoulder strap pad. This #starwarsdooneyandbourke was a gift and as amazing quality as it is, the paint on the shoulder strap is peeling a little. This should help protect it and the color looks great on it! They also have great customer service. Thanks again! #starwarspurse"

Monday, October 23, 2017

Prototype, Leather Journal

Smashed this out over the weekend.  The staining and what all is a bit coarse and rushed but that's just because I was testing the pattern and not the stain.  I'm planning on testing it as my next campaign journal but the pattern worked so well I just might start making them for the shop first.  As soon as I have an opening in my schedule I'll be making a production version to list in the shop.

Saturday, October 21, 2017

Dice Pouches, Custom Designs

These were two separate orders that just happened to come in around the same time.  They both used original designs.  The brown one was provided by the client and the green/silver design was something I drew up.