Sunday, May 12, 2019

Spellbook, Custom

This client wanted a spellbook that looked like something their PC would have made.  Re-organizing the interior of the book to sort the spells by their spell level and sprinkling in some sketchish art took up most of the time.  Then I used a japanese binding style since that's, hypothetically, what would be most approachable to a layman adventurer.  It makes for a sturdy binding but does mean the book can't lay flat when open.  Then I used milled veg for the cover engraved with a little Draconic labeling.  I'm really happy with the cover's feel and structure though I was hoping the stain would cure a tad lighter. 

This project has definitely given me a lot of good thoughts for when I get around to overhauling the standard spellbook. ^_^







No comments:

Post a Comment